- NV Defender Course
- Jun 23, 2012 - Jun 24, 2012
- Telluric Group Training Facility - Brunswick
- Night Vision Training
This 2-day course is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed for the safe, effective use of night vision devices for home defense and other applications. It utilizes classroom presentation, range fire, drills and exercises, and scenario-based training. Topics include:
- The physiology and psychology of night operations
- Introduction to image intensification technology
- Capabilities and limitations
- Operation of common night vision systems
- Use of peripheral equipment
- IR lasers and designators
- IR lights
- Movement and navigation
- Firearms employment (handgun and rifle)
- Basic tactics (while wearing NVG)
- Use of cover
- Moving and shooting
- Understanding lighting conditions and using them to your advantage
- Dealing with flashlights
- The limitations of low quality night vision equipment
Equipment and ammunition requirements:
Night vision device and head mount or helmet and helmet mount;
Chest rig, belt rig, or other setup that allows ready access to pistol and rifle magazines;
Assault type rifle with optical sight and/ or visible or IR laser, a high quality tactical light, a sling, and at least 6 magazines;
Handgun with tritium sights and/ or laser;
High quality, hand-held flashlight;
300 rounds of quality rifle and 250 rounds of handgun ammunition.
Prerequisites: Students should have some formal training with both the rifle and the handgun prior to attending this course.
NOTE: Students who fail to demonstrate an acceptable level of proficiency will not be allowed to participate in the Night Vision class- their course fees will be fully refunded.
A low cost, one day workshop is available for those who don’t meet the prerequisites or who aren’t sure about their proficiency/ skill level. This workshop will be conducted the day prior to our Night Vision course. It’s a fun day of shooting that allows students to participate in night vision training safely and with more confidence. It can be attended voluntarily by any student who wants to ‘tune up’ or get additional instruction and range time prior to the beginning of the course.
This course is open only to US citizens. A valid US passport or a certified copy of your birth certificate and a valid ID (i.e. driver license) must be presented on the first day of class to confirm your citizenship.
A concealed carry permit OR a military or law enforcement ID OR a letter from your local law enforcement agency confirming that you do not have a criminal record are required for this and all Telluric Group courses.
Minimum 12 students, maximum 18 students.
- Telluric Group Training Facility
- 136 Venture Drive
Our indoor training facility, which is located minutes from the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center and Georgia's Golden Isles beach resorts, has a state-of-the-art range, a UTM/ NLTA shoot house, a confidence course, and more.
- The classroom seats up to 24 students. It is equipped with a projector, speakers, restrooms, and a coffee and water station.
- The 25 yard live-fire range has 10 lanes with target retrievers. It's rated to for weapons up to .308.
- Our shoothouse has roughly 500 square feet of reconfigurable space that can be used for training with non-lethal training ammunition (NLTA). It has a target hanging system that allows 3D falling targets to be placed throughout the rooms. It also has an attic and an observation platform.
- The entire facility, including the live-fire range, is climate controlled.
- Lighting conditions can be controlled throughout the facility- it is optimized for no/ low light training.
- The classroom, range, and NLTA shoothouse are all in the same building, which means that transitions between briefings and exercises can be accomplished very quickly.
More information about the facility and the surrounding area can be found HERE.
Airports: The facility's location makes it accessible to airports in Jacksonville (JIA, 58 miles) and Savannah (68 miles). The Brunswick Golden Isles Airport (BQK), serviced by Delta, is only 3.5 miles away. Although airfare into Brunswick is slightly more expensive, we recommend it because it's so convenient- it's relatively small size makes parking, check-in, security, etc. relatively quick and simple.
Hotels: There are a number of hotels in the immediate vicinity of the facility. Most offer discounted rates for our students. A comprehensive list, including contact information and rates, is here.
Restaurants: There is a Waffle House within easy walking distance of the facility and several hotels. There are also numerous restaurants, including steakhouses, pizza places, and hamburger joints, within 5 miles. There are fantastic places to eat on St. Simons Island, which is about a 15 minute drive. And Mudcat Charlie's, which we highly recommend, is less than 10 minutes away.
Course Schedule Powered by EventList