- NV Operator Course (MIL/ LE)
- May 21, 2012 - May 23, 2012
- Collin County LE Academy - McKinney
- Night Vision Training
Telluric Group’s 3-Day Night Vision Operator Course is designed to provide students with the foundational knowledge, skills, and tactics needed for the safe, effective use of night vision devices for law enforcement.
NV Operator is restricted to military, law enforcement, and select security contractors.
This course utilizes classroom presentation, range fire, drills and exercises, and scenario-based training. Topics include:
- Physiology and Psychology of Night Operations
- NVG Operation
- NVG Capabilities and Limitations
- Individual Movement and Hand-Eye Coordination
- Subject Restraint and Control
- Handgun Familiarization and Qualification
- Rifle Familiarization
- Driving Considerations
- Basic NV Tactics and Techniques:
- Use of cover
- Moving and shooting
- Use of lighting conditions for tactical advantage
- Countering suspects’ use of white light
- Countering suspects’ use of NV devices
- Team Movement and Communication
- Mission Planning Considerations
Instructors: Our instructors are the most experienced night vision instructors in the world. Our real world experience spans more than three decades, and includes recent operations using the latest and best equipment. We have trained literally thousands of federal, state, and local agents and officers on night vision/ night operations, with outstanding results.
Cost: $650 per student.
Prerequisites: Documented carbine and handgun training. This course is for military, law enforcement, or select security contractors.
Equipment/ Ammunition Requirements: Students should bring: duty/ tactical gear; PPE (eye and ear protection and hat or helmet; body armor is optional but recommended); a rifle/ carbine with optical sight, laser (if you have one), at least 3 magazines and 300 rounds of ammunition; and a handgun with a serviceable holster, 3 magazines, magazine pouches, and 250 rounds of ammunition. Tritium sights are required for handgun firing and qualification (but we do have a temporary work-around if necessary).
In accordance with International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) Regulations, only U.S. Citizens may participate in Telluric Group Night Vision courses.
- Collin County LE Academy
- 2200 W. University Drive
Course Schedule Powered by EventList