- Active Shooter Instructor Course (Phoenix RBT)
- Sep 24, 2012 - Sep 28, 2012
- Telluric Group Training Facility - Brunswick
- Firearms Training
We are hosting Phoenix RBT Solutions' Active Shooter Instructor Course at our training facility in Brunswick. For more info or registration, go to the Phoenix RBT website.
This course, which is taught by Phoenix Reality Based Solutions, will provide the Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) with the skills necessary to effectively handle an Active Threat/Shooter. This course was designed for the realities of LEO street encounters and has been developed further based on actual situations.
The non-traditional approach to these situations has evolved and the tactics have been modified, therefore it is critical that the LEO’s understand these concepts and have the skills and ability to apply when necessary. The drills, concepts and principles will give the LEO the greatest chance for winning these encounters.
The Active Shooter Program covers lessons learned, individual and team tactics, tactics that can be used when multiple jurisdictions arrive on scene and must work together for the first time, rescue drags and carries, tactical transitions, non-lethal training ammunition (NLTA) drills, problem solving, evacuation of victims when appropriate, bombs/booby traps, blue on blue situations and much more.
The Instructor Program will also cover the following; policy writing and considerations; command post and post incident considerations; interaction with tactical teams and responses; instructor methodology, critical philosophies and concepts for Active Shooter; how to set up in-service training with limitations such as, time, money, facilities and other common problems.
This course is 95% hands on and the LEO’s/Instructor will leave with a greater understanding of these Active Threat/Shooter situations and how to teach others.
Course Costs: $650.00 open enrollment per person
Course Length: 5 Days
Attendance Requirements: Law Enforcement or Military
All duty carry related equipment
T-shirts, long pants and long shirts
NLTA safety equipment
NLTA Weapons and 100 rounds per student
- Telluric Group Training Facility
- 136 Venture Drive
Our indoor training facility, which is located minutes from the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center and Georgia's Golden Isles beach resorts, has a state-of-the-art range, a UTM/ NLTA shoot house, a confidence course, and more.
- The classroom seats up to 24 students. It is equipped with a projector, speakers, restrooms, and a coffee and water station.
- The 25 yard live-fire range has 10 lanes with target retrievers. It's rated to for weapons up to .308.
- Our shoothouse has roughly 500 square feet of reconfigurable space that can be used for training with non-lethal training ammunition (NLTA). It has a target hanging system that allows 3D falling targets to be placed throughout the rooms. It also has an attic and an observation platform.
- The entire facility, including the live-fire range, is climate controlled.
- Lighting conditions can be controlled throughout the facility- it is optimized for no/ low light training.
- The classroom, range, and NLTA shoothouse are all in the same building, which means that transitions between briefings and exercises can be accomplished very quickly.
More information about the facility and the surrounding area can be found HERE.
Airports: The facility's location makes it accessible to airports in Jacksonville (JIA, 58 miles) and Savannah (68 miles). The Brunswick Golden Isles Airport (BQK), serviced by Delta, is only 3.5 miles away. Although airfare into Brunswick is slightly more expensive, we recommend it because it's so convenient- it's relatively small size makes parking, check-in, security, etc. relatively quick and simple.
Hotels: There are a number of hotels in the immediate vicinity of the facility. Most offer discounted rates for our students. A comprehensive list, including contact information and rates, is here.
Restaurants: There is a Waffle House within easy walking distance of the facility and several hotels. There are also numerous restaurants, including steakhouses, pizza places, and hamburger joints, within 5 miles. There are fantastic places to eat on St. Simons Island, which is about a 15 minute drive. And Mudcat Charlie's, which we highly recommend, is less than 10 minutes away.
Course Schedule Powered by EventList