- NV Operator INSTRUCTOR Course (MIL/ LE)
- Jul 09, 2012 - Jul 13, 2012
- Telluric Group Training Facility - Brunswick
- Night Vision Training
NV Operator INSTRUCTOR is restricted to military, law enforcement, and select security contractors.
This course utilizes classroom presentation, range fire, drills and exercises, and scenario-based training. It covers many of the same topics as our NV Operator course, but explores each in more depth. We will identify key teaching points; expand on tactics, techniques, and procedures we teach; and discuss ways to design drills and exercises. Topics include:
- Physiology and Psychology of Night Operations
- NVG Operation
- NVG Capabilities and Limitations
- Individual Movement and Hand-Eye Coordination
- Subject Restraint and Control
- Weapons Familiarization and Qualification (Handgun and Rifle)
- Driving Under NVG
- Basic NV Tactics and Techniques:
- Use of cover
- Moving and shooting
- Use of lighting conditions for tactical advantage
- Countering suspects’ use of white light
- Countering suspects’ use of NV devices
- Team Movement and Communication
- Mission Planning Considerations
Instructors: Our instructors are the most experienced night vision instructors in the world. Our real world experience spans more than three decades, and includes recent operations using the latest and best equipment. We have trained literally thousands of federal, state, and local agents and officers on night vision/ night operations, with outstanding results.
Cost: $1100 per student.
Prerequisites: Documented carbine and handgun training. We recommend that students have a firearms and/ or tactics instructor background.
Equipment/ Ammunition Requirements: Students should bring: night vision goggles and everything needed for head or helmet mounting; duty/ tactical gear; PPE (eye and ear protection and hat or helmet; body armor is optional but recommended); a rifle/ carbine with optical sight, laser (if you have one), at least 3 magazines and 500 rounds of ammunition; and a handgun with a serviceable holster, 3 magazines, magazine pouches, and 500 rounds of ammunition. Tritium sights are required for handgun firing and qualification (but we do have a temporary work-around if necessary).
PRIVATE COURSES: Private courses are available at our facility for 6-10 students for a flat fee of $8,800. We are also able to provide private or open courses at your location with our mobile training team, but the flat fee does not apply. Contact us for scheduling and other information.
In accordance with International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) Regulations, only U.S. Citizens may participate in Telluric Group Night Vision courses.
- Telluric Group Training Facility
- 136 Venture Drive
Our indoor training facility, which is located minutes from the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center and Georgia's Golden Isles beach resorts, has a state-of-the-art range, a UTM/ NLTA shoot house, a confidence course, and more.
- The classroom seats up to 24 students. It is equipped with a projector, speakers, restrooms, and a coffee and water station.
- The 25 yard live-fire range has 10 lanes with target retrievers. It's rated to for weapons up to .308.
- Our shoothouse has roughly 500 square feet of reconfigurable space that can be used for training with non-lethal training ammunition (NLTA). It has a target hanging system that allows 3D falling targets to be placed throughout the rooms. It also has an attic and an observation platform.
- The entire facility, including the live-fire range, is climate controlled.
- Lighting conditions can be controlled throughout the facility- it is optimized for no/ low light training.
- The classroom, range, and NLTA shoothouse are all in the same building, which means that transitions between briefings and exercises can be accomplished very quickly.
More information about the facility and the surrounding area can be found HERE.
Airports: The facility's location makes it accessible to airports in Jacksonville (JIA, 58 miles) and Savannah (68 miles). The Brunswick Golden Isles Airport (BQK), serviced by Delta, is only 3.5 miles away. Although airfare into Brunswick is slightly more expensive, we recommend it because it's so convenient- it's relatively small size makes parking, check-in, security, etc. relatively quick and simple.
Hotels: There are a number of hotels in the immediate vicinity of the facility. Most offer discounted rates for our students. A comprehensive list, including contact information and rates, is here.
Restaurants: There is a Waffle House within easy walking distance of the facility and several hotels. There are also numerous restaurants, including steakhouses, pizza places, and hamburger joints, within 5 miles. There are fantastic places to eat on St. Simons Island, which is about a 15 minute drive. And Mudcat Charlie's, which we highly recommend, is less than 10 minutes away.
Course Schedule Powered by EventList