- Pistol Practice Session
- May 14, 2012
- Telluric Group Training Facility - Brunswick
- Firearms Training
Our structured practice sessions give shooters the opportunity to train regularly with their weapons. This session is designed for Basic to Intermediate level handgun shooters- prior formal handgun training (i.e. a police academy or our Basic Defensive Pistol course) is required in order to participate. Our instructors will lead shooters through a series of drills and exercises and may provide some coaching and instruction when requested. Price is $55 for two hours of shooting. We recommend that shooters bring at least 200 rounds of handgun ammunition.
Cost: $55 per participant (includes targets and two hour group practice session with instructor).
Prerequisites: Our Basic Defensive Pistol, LE academy, or equivalent. If you aren't sure if you meet the pre-reqs, contact us. This course is open to all qualified, lawfully armed citizens.
Equipment/ ammunition requirements:
- Quality, serviceable semiautomatic handgun with at least 3 good magazines
- 200 rounds of ammunition
- Quality holster and magazine pouches for at least 2 spare magazines
- Wrap-around eye protection
- Ear protection (muff style recommended)
- Hat with brim or bill and/ or helmet
In accordance with International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) Regulations, only U.S. Citizens may participate in Telluric Group courses.
A concealed carry permit OR a military or law enforcement ID, OR a letter from your local law enforcement agency confirming that you may legally possess a firearm are required for this and all Telluric Group courses.
- Telluric Group Training Facility
- 136 Venture Drive
Our indoor training facility, which is located minutes from the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center and Georgia's Golden Isles beach resorts, has a state-of-the-art range, a UTM/ NLTA shoot house, a confidence course, and more.
- The classroom seats up to 24 students. It is equipped with a projector, speakers, restrooms, and a coffee and water station.
- The 25 yard live-fire range has 10 lanes with target retrievers. It's rated to for weapons up to .308.
- Our shoothouse has roughly 500 square feet of reconfigurable space that can be used for training with non-lethal training ammunition (NLTA). It has a target hanging system that allows 3D falling targets to be placed throughout the rooms. It also has an attic and an observation platform.
- The entire facility, including the live-fire range, is climate controlled.
- Lighting conditions can be controlled throughout the facility- it is optimized for no/ low light training.
- The classroom, range, and NLTA shoothouse are all in the same building, which means that transitions between briefings and exercises can be accomplished very quickly.
More information about the facility and the surrounding area can be found HERE.
Airports: The facility's location makes it accessible to airports in Jacksonville (JIA, 58 miles) and Savannah (68 miles). The Brunswick Golden Isles Airport (BQK), serviced by Delta, is only 3.5 miles away. Although airfare into Brunswick is slightly more expensive, we recommend it because it's so convenient- it's relatively small size makes parking, check-in, security, etc. relatively quick and simple.
Hotels: There are a number of hotels in the immediate vicinity of the facility. Most offer discounted rates for our students. A comprehensive list, including contact information and rates, is here.
Restaurants: There is a Waffle House within easy walking distance of the facility and several hotels. There are also numerous restaurants, including steakhouses, pizza places, and hamburger joints, within 5 miles. There are fantastic places to eat on St. Simons Island, which is about a 15 minute drive. And Mudcat Charlie's, which we highly recommend, is less than 10 minutes away.
Course Schedule Powered by EventList