- Defensive Carbine Course
- May 17, 2012
- Wild River Ranch - Victoria
- Firearms Training
This course, which is taught by veteran special operations soldiers with years of military and law enforcement training experience, is suitable for beginners- but it's also a great refresher for experienced shooters. It teaches marksmanship fundamentals and basic weapon manipulation in a low-stress environment at a comfortable pace.
Topics covered include:
- Firearms and range safety
- Zero theory and procedures
- Use of optics and iron sights
- Marksmanship fundamentals
- Shooting positions, including prone, kneeling, and standing
- Combat reloads
- Malfunctions/ immediate action
Equipment/ Ammunition Requirements:
- Quality, serviceable rifle with sling and 3 good magazines
- 400 rounds of quality ammunition (NO GREEN TIP);
- Some way to carry at least 2 magazines on your person;
- Wrap-around eye protection;
- Ear protection (muff-style recommended);
- Hat with brim or bill and/ or helmet;
- Body armor and duty gear is optional but recommended for MIL/ LE.
In accordance with International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) Regulations, only U.S. Citizens may participate in Telluric Group courses.
A concealed carry permit OR a military or law enforcement ID, OR a letter from your local law enforcement agency confirming that you may legally possess a firearm are required for this and all Telluric Group courses. Click on the 'Download Info' tab to download a Training Application. An application should be sent as soon as possible after paying for a slot in a course.
- Wild River Ranch - Website
- 490 Adcock Ranch Road
Course Schedule Powered by EventList