- Aimpoint CCO Instructor Course- LE (CLOSED)
- Jun 06, 2012 - Jun 07, 2012
- Telluric Group Training Facility - Brunswick
- Firearms Training
THIS IS A CLOSED COURSE. IT IS BEING OFFERED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH AIMPOINT, INC.
This course, which is taught by veteran special operations soldiers with years of military and law enforcement firearms training experience, builds instructor-level knowledge of the Aimpoint PRO, T-1, and other Aimpoint red dot sights and accessories.
Topics covered include:
- Firearms and range safety
- Weapons operation and maintenance
- Zero theory and procedures
- Aimpoint nomenclature, care, mounting, and operation
- Use of back up iron sights
- Marksmanship fundamentals, including stance and various shooting positions
- Basic ballistics/ trajectory and appropriate point-of-aim adjustments (holds)
- Combat reloads
- Immediate action/ malfunctions
- Use of cover
- Multiple target engagement
- Transition to handgun
- Shooting on the move
- Telluric Group Training Facility
- 136 Venture Drive
Our indoor training facility, which is located minutes from the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center and Georgia's Golden Isles beach resorts, has a state-of-the-art range, a UTM/ NLTA shoot house, a confidence course, and more.
- The classroom seats up to 24 students. It is equipped with a projector, speakers, restrooms, and a coffee and water station.
- The 25 yard live-fire range has 10 lanes with target retrievers. It's rated to for weapons up to .308.
- Our shoothouse has roughly 500 square feet of reconfigurable space that can be used for training with non-lethal training ammunition (NLTA). It has a target hanging system that allows 3D falling targets to be placed throughout the rooms. It also has an attic and an observation platform.
- The entire facility, including the live-fire range, is climate controlled.
- Lighting conditions can be controlled throughout the facility- it is optimized for no/ low light training.
- The classroom, range, and NLTA shoothouse are all in the same building, which means that transitions between briefings and exercises can be accomplished very quickly.
More information about the facility and the surrounding area can be found HERE.
Airports: The facility's location makes it accessible to airports in Jacksonville (JIA, 58 miles) and Savannah (68 miles). The Brunswick Golden Isles Airport (BQK), serviced by Delta, is only 3.5 miles away. Although airfare into Brunswick is slightly more expensive, we recommend it because it's so convenient- it's relatively small size makes parking, check-in, security, etc. relatively quick and simple.
Hotels: There are a number of hotels in the immediate vicinity of the facility. Most offer discounted rates for our students. A comprehensive list, including contact information and rates, is here.
Restaurants: There is a Waffle House within easy walking distance of the facility and several hotels. There are also numerous restaurants, including steakhouses, pizza places, and hamburger joints, within 5 miles. There are fantastic places to eat on St. Simons Island, which is about a 15 minute drive. And Mudcat Charlie's, which we highly recommend, is less than 10 minutes away.
Course Schedule Powered by EventList