- Combat Focus Shooting Instructor Development
- Oct 28, 2012 - Nov 01, 2012
- Telluric Group Training Facility - Brunswick
- Firearms Training
Telluric Group is hosting a Combat Focus® Shooting Instructor Development Course that will taught by our friend Rob Pincus. Cost of the course is $1,500. Sign up at combatfocusshooting.com.
The Combat Focus® Shooting Instructor Development Course is an intense academic 5 day program designed to give you insight into, and increase your understanding of, the principles and concepts that underlie the CFS Program. This course also focuses on helping you to be able to share that information with others.
The course will consist of some range with over 40 hours of classroom lecture & discussion and assigned homework for the evenings. In addition to the concepts specific to CFS, adult learning, neuro-scientific principles of learning & ambush response, professionalism and marketing your courses will be covered as well. At the end of the course, students will have the opportunity to become eligible for certification as CFS Instructors through their participation in a written exam and a subjective teaching test. After successfully completing both tests, candidates must team teach or assist in one full class before becoming fully certified to teach on their own. If a CFSID Student does not successfully pass the tests during the course, they may re-test (for no additional fee) in the future.
The CFSID Course has been called a "Graduate Program in Defensive Firearms Training" and is often compared to college coursework by attendees. Prior participation in end user CFS Training is the only pre-requisite to attend. Historically, since 2004, there is an approximately 50% success rate for students seeking certification as instructors.
About Combat Focus® Shooting:
The Combat Focus Shooting Program is an intuitive shooting program designed by Rob Pincus to work efficiently with the body's natural reactions during a dynamic critical incident. Unlike many traditional programs, CFS does not take a purely mechanical approach to shooting training in isolation from the context in which the skill must be used. CFS is not simply "point shooting," it is a training methodology that leads to more efficient defensive shooting skill.
Combat Focus Shooting is the core program of the I.C.E. Training Company and is being taught by certified instructors around the United States and Europe. CFS has been successfully integrated into various military and law enforcement training programs and is the most efficient way for anyone interested defensive firearms skills to develop their abilities.
- Telluric Group Training Facility
- 136 Venture Drive
Our indoor training facility, which is located minutes from the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center and Georgia's Golden Isles beach resorts, has a state-of-the-art range, a UTM/ NLTA shoot house, a confidence course, and more.
- The classroom seats up to 24 students. It is equipped with a projector, speakers, restrooms, and a coffee and water station.
- The 25 yard live-fire range has 10 lanes with target retrievers. It's rated to for weapons up to .308.
- Our shoothouse has roughly 500 square feet of reconfigurable space that can be used for training with non-lethal training ammunition (NLTA). It has a target hanging system that allows 3D falling targets to be placed throughout the rooms. It also has an attic and an observation platform.
- The entire facility, including the live-fire range, is climate controlled.
- Lighting conditions can be controlled throughout the facility- it is optimized for no/ low light training.
- The classroom, range, and NLTA shoothouse are all in the same building, which means that transitions between briefings and exercises can be accomplished very quickly.
More information about the facility and the surrounding area can be found HERE.
Airports: The facility's location makes it accessible to airports in Jacksonville (JIA, 58 miles) and Savannah (68 miles). The Brunswick Golden Isles Airport (BQK), serviced by Delta, is only 3.5 miles away. Although airfare into Brunswick is slightly more expensive, we recommend it because it's so convenient- it's relatively small size makes parking, check-in, security, etc. relatively quick and simple.
Hotels: There are a number of hotels in the immediate vicinity of the facility. Most offer discounted rates for our students. A comprehensive list, including contact information and rates, is here.
Restaurants: There is a Waffle House within easy walking distance of the facility and several hotels. There are also numerous restaurants, including steakhouses, pizza places, and hamburger joints, within 5 miles. There are fantastic places to eat on St. Simons Island, which is about a 15 minute drive. And Mudcat Charlie's, which we highly recommend, is less than 10 minutes away.
Course Schedule Powered by EventList