Defensive Pistol- PRIVATE COURSE
OverviewThis one day course is for those who have never had formal handgun training. It focuses heavily on safety and fundamentals- it'll make you comfortable and competent with a handgun and prepare you for more advanced training.
Private courses for up to 10 students AT OUR FACILITY are available at a flat rate of $1,600. Payment can be made on the website, preferably AFTER contacting us to lock in dates. Please contact us for pricing/ minimums for larger groups or at different locations.
This is our introductory level pistol course. If you've never had formal training, Defensive Pistol is where you start. While it's basic in terms of skill level, it's still a gunfighting oriented course. It's designed to help you develop the foundational skills needed to defend yourself and your family (and others when appropriate) with a handgun. It's taught by veteran Special Forces soldiers with years of military and law enforcement training experience.
Topics covered include:
- Mental preparation and mindset for violent encounters
- Legal considerations for personal and home defense
- Firearms and range safety
- Loading and unloading/ clearing
- Shooting fundamentals, including grip, stance, sight picture, and trigger manipulation
- Drawing and presenting the weapon (open carry and concealed)
- Reloading techniques
- Clearing malfunctions
Cost: $1,600 per group, up to 10 students. Participation will be restricted to private group.
Prerequisites: NONE. This course is open to all lawfully armed citizens.
Equipment/ ammunition requirements:
- Quality, serviceable semiautomatic handgun with at least 3 good magazines
- 300 rounds of ammunition
- Quality holster and magazine pouches for at least 2 spare magazines
- Wrap-around eye protection
- Ear protection (muff style recommended)
- Hat with brim or bill and/ or helmet
- Cleaning kit and lubricant
- Notebook and pen
In accordance with International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) Regulations, only U.S. Citizens may participate in Telluric Group courses.
A concealed carry permit OR a military or law enforcement ID, OR a letter from your local law enforcement agency confirming that you may legally possess a firearm are required for this and all Telluric Group courses.
Click on the 'Download Info' tab above to download a Training Application. An application should be sent as soon as possible after paying for a slot in a course.